32 Gorachand Road, Kolkata
Estd : 1964
Facilities in National Medical College
On other hand among the six hostels for male students three of them (Main Hostel, Lynton Hostel and Deshbandhu Hostel) are administered by government and other three (Dr. Sundarimohan Hostel, Khudiram Hostel, Dikhusha Hostel) are administered by private organizations. Except the girls’ hostel, all the six boys’ hostels are situated outside the college compound. Though these hostels are out of the college campus but they are within a close proximity to its premises.
- Accommodation: There are total seven hostels for the purpose of providing proper accommodation to the students. There is one girls’ hostel and six boys’ hostels. The girls’ hostel is popularly known as the Ladys’ hostel and provides all sorts of facilities which are required to give proper ambiance to study for girls.
- National Medical College Library: The National Medical College Library is one of the best medical college libraries in Kolkata. Apart from providing only reading facilities, this library also has adequate home issuing of book facilities for the students. The National Medical College library contains a total collection of almost 17000 books and 42 journals.
This college has given birth to some of the great scholars in the field of medicine. If you go through the list of alumni, you will find that not only form the research field, but also from the professional level this college has produced some great figures. Here follows name of some notable figures:
- Computer Center: Run by the Alumni Association of this medical college, the computer center of National Medical College helps the students to be more computer savvy. This computer center also provides Internet surfing facility only to those students who have a membership.
- Dr R.P Sengupta- renowned neuro surgeon
- Dr. Bimal Ghosh- famous gastroenterologist